Thursday, February 11, 2010

2010 olympic non-fever

We are on the eve of Vancouver 2010 yet I am feeling no different than I was 5 years ago when they made the announcement that Vancouver had won the Olympics. All I could think of was the amount of $ that would be payed by poor taxpayers for something so fleeting. I had thought that I'd be living back in Vancouver by this time and that perhaps I'd even get to see a few events, but with the top prices for the Opening Ceremonies going for $1100 (retail), one has to feel a bit jipped, especially when they are cramming thousands of people into BC Place Stadium. Alas... instead, I'm looking forward to a 3 day long weekend that will capture both Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day on the same day (strange that it falls this way), and Family Day on Monday. Since my family is far from here, it will just be some much anticipated "me" time instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home