Wednesday, November 25, 2009

montreal

Just back today from a 5 day trip to Montreal. I have to say those French boys are so cute... and everyone dresses so well I feel embarrassed! It's always nice the second time around to a city - there's a sense of familiarity, even though it's really quite artificial since I still don't know my way around, but there's also no sense of urgency to zoom around the city trying to cover every touristy spot.

I did, however, cover some of the hippest restaurants in town. Yes, this was for work so on the firm's account! Let's just say I should be going on some sort of diet over the next few months to work off all the food that I'd eaten. But it was ever-so-delicious it's almost impossible to resist!

The other bonus was that the weather this time of year was very mild compared to what it normally would have been, thus, a very pleasant (albeit, still chilly) time in the city. I do love the feel of Montreal, though now that I've lived in Toronto, it's hard to imagine living in a smaller city such as that! (Small being relative since it's still larger than Vancouver!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home