Wednesday, December 02, 2009

inspiration

I'll have to admit that food has been on my mind since Montreal. It didn't help that I watched Julie and Julia on the plane ride over and back. Great movie that has inspired me to cook! But who knows how long that inspiration will last. Butternut squash soup in the middle of cooler weather to keep me toasty warm... yum...Treks on foot or by public transport to the markets in the cold for fresh produce however, is really not appealing. However, I have to admit that November has been one serious blessing in that we did not see a speck of snow all month... a record since reports were kept! So we're talking over 160 years. Amazing. I hope we don't pay for it in January...

On top of that, I have done a ton of yoga and pilates to make up for my over indulgence. Just last night my old roommate came by so we could practice and play with some partner yoga and work on handstands. (He's got his nailed down due to past years as a gymnast...I'm still working on getting over my fear of smacking my head or tumbling over.) He makes it look so easy! Ah, inspiration works wonders. Maybe I'll stick with handstands for now. It's a lot simpler than the gathering all the ingredients and taking the time to follow a recipe all the way through!

(And just for context, what's up with the fascination of Tiger Woods and his transgressions?! I suppose it's the fascination of the downfall of celebrities...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home