Sunday, December 20, 2009

countdown to christmas

Hard to believe it is the last day of fall. It is freezing cold but we haven't been the recipients of the massive snow storm that is hitting the eastern states, so I should be grateful. In fact, if every winter was like this, I'd easily live here. Scratch that. It'd be easier to live here. In any case, we are due for a snow storm (possibly) on the 24th, which is when I'm supposed to fly. We'll see what happens.

I slept in for the first time in a month. Sleeping in for me was waking up slightly before 9am today. Bliss... ahh... my body needed it. Spent the day slowly packing for the trip, and doing other mundane tasks. No yoga today, but I did meet up with a friend who I hadn't seen in 3 months. Her mother had passed earlier this month and finally things were settling down enough for us to catch up. It was nice - we caught up over dinner.

Getting excited as the days to go home near, though I do have to admit there is a bit of apprehension over the whole airport scenario. I don't like chaos and travel but this time of year is the best mix of the two. And while I'm excited to go home, I also wonder what it will be like. It'll have been a year since I've been back - the longest I've ever been away. I wonder how my parents look, how my grandparents are, and how everyone has aged. How have I changed?

Welcoming winter as this means the days will begin to get longer again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home