Saturday, May 20, 2006

from fire to ice

It's the May long weekend. It's the first unofficial long weekend of summer. This is the time when the weather is supposed to be nice and the air conditioning kicks in. Unfortunately for me (and the poor residents in my building), the weather sucked big time with lightning storms and just dreary grey skies. My building is strange. They have to switch off the heat for a few days before they can turn on the air conditioning so it's anybody's guess how it will go. This time around, looks like we lost out as it was almost colder being inside than out. I was bundled up in my fleece and had to wear socks to bed - it was THAT insanely cold inside my apartment.

I complained and so did others apparently; the superintendent had been paged but nowhere to be seen. Smart. He was probably off enjoying his long weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home