Tuesday, April 18, 2006

easter in ottawa

typical pariament building
For being the capital, you'd think there'd be more to see or do. I'll admit it: I was disappointed. Perhaps my expectations were a bit high (but they have full guidebooks on Ottawa so that must mean something right?) It didn't help I suppose that this was the culmination of a 5 hour long drive. Getting out from the downtown core of Toronto was hell; it seemed like everyone was trying to escape the city and all the streets were clogged with cars making a desperate getaway.

Once in Ottawa though, everything was fairly dead. I know, I know, it's a government town. But still, it was like being out in the maritimes or some quaint old countryside. And half the days we were there, everything was closed although we did manage to squeeze in a visit to the Mint (where I was able to weigh myself and find out how much I was worth in gold) and of course, some shopping. (I did score some awesome deals - my personal highlight of the trip. Oh, and I liked Byward Market too, but more for the atmosphere (live people - hooray!))

The trip was forced relaxation since I had nothing to read or do. I went to bed early each night and got lots of sleep. I'm glad I went though - and can say been there, done that... and don't make me go again! And I thought people called Vancouver the No-Fun City. Guess they'd never been to Ottawa.

1 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ya, nice reads! Did you know that I can't access your blog directly over the Chinese internet? I'm going through the company's firewall now. And by the way.. how much are you worth in gold? :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home