Tuesday, May 02, 2006

rites of spring

A week or so ago, I've started noticing greenery in and around the city. Daffodils and tulips have been sprouting. These, obviously, are all potted in this very concrete jungle. The outdoor rinks have all melted and turned into swimming pools for the pigeons. Spring has sprung. And so have my allergies. The plus is that the weather is finally what I would call bearable. I have heard horror stories of spring being sandwiched into a weekend between winter and summer. So far, the last couple of weeks have been fairly pleasant.

quarry in elora I don't like birthdays anymore for the reason that it sucks to get older, no one remembers, and you don't really get presents the way you did when you were a kid. The upside was celebrating my birthday with a trip out to the countryside that included a bike ride out in the trails, time at the spa, and good, delicious food. Ok, so getting older isn't always so bad...but can I stay this age forever and still keep having birthday celebrations?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home