Friday, April 21, 2006

take me out to the ballgame

28,333 people. $6.50 for a beer. $4.50 for a drumstick (the icecream, not the chicken). An oversized bird. Constantly watching for flying objects out of nowhere. A guy being so rowdy he was thrown out by the police. Where else but at a Blue Jay's game...and against the Red Sox no less. Having never been to a baseball game (I passed on a game of the Red Sox when I was in Boston two summers ago), let alone knowing the rules, I was surprised at how quickly the first 8 innings passed. And then it dragged through the 9th and into overtime... til the 12th inning when the Jay's finally beat the Sox.

My friend scored tickets through a friend of hers. I figured we'd be sitting in the $9 nose bleed section but we were pretty damn close up to the front (does row 28 mean anything?!). We also apparently wound up in the comedy show section where the guys sitting behind us were hurling insults at the opposing team players. When Manny Ramirez was up, they were yelling how he looked like a girl with his long hair. Another player was told he couldn't hit anything and, "Where's a beachball? You can't hit anything but a beachball?"

People clamour for a chance to catch a pop fly. Me? I'd be covering my head and ducking. Some poor girl got bonked on the head by a ball. Overall, an entertaining way to spend a Friday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home