Friday, May 19, 2006

my inferno

It's been one hell of a week. This time of year is always stressful with orientation and training sessions that I am responsible for. Add on top of that... a friend who was able to secure a car for work the night before she was expected to go offsite rang me and asked if I wanted to do some shopping. Of course I hopped at the chance. It's not every day I have access to a car. We hit some large department stores and I came home with sundries. Another night I was invited by a co-worker, who was horrified that I did not own a tv, to her place to catch some season finales. I went more as an opportunity to socialize than anything else. We had a blast chatting. And I caught Winfield's Inferno at the Royal Alexandra Theatre. It was a hilarious and impressive one-man show.

The work week would have been bearable except for a hydro failure that knocked out the computers and phone systems all morning. (That and the crazy neighbour.) The computers were up around noon but the phones were still down til about 2:30pm. Made for an interesting and frustrating morning thanks to a rat that had tripped the circuits and knocked out power to the downtown core. So here I was in a mad rush to finish off preparation work for the presentations and my hands were tied. I was so relieved when the week was over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home