Sunday, April 19, 2009

galleries and museums...what's the difference anyway?


So based on the comment I got recently that all my blog seemed to talk about was yoga and food lately, I figured I'd talk about what I did this weekend that was different. But first, yes, I did go to a yoga class that nearly killed me because it was so tough. And then I had a really good dinner (minus the server who seemed to be having a really bad day), at Frank, the Art Gallery of Ontario's restaurant named after Frank Gehry, who designed the museum.

Today was a day back to the AGO, but this time to actually take in the exhibits. I kept referring to it as a museum for some reason (bad on me for lumping art galleries and museums together but there were things in there that you'd find in the ROM too...like terracotta figures and soapstone carvings, so sue me). The space was gorgeous and it was much, much larger than the Vancouver Art Gallery, being 5 stories tall. And yes, I had brunch there too. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home