Thursday, April 06, 2006

stop. gawk. walk.

the mysterious crumbling buildingI am still amazed that every morning when I wake up and listen to the radio, there's news of another shooting, or stabbing, or murder. On the way home, there were cop cars along Yonge and College. Yellow tape held back looky-loos. I joined them and stared at part of a brick building. Was it a shooting? A suicide? It looked like part of the corner of the red-bricked building had buckled. It didn't look too serious to me though there were CTV camera crews there. Not quite like last weekend when there was a suicide/explosion at the Tim Hortons in Yorkville. Or a few weeks back when I was walking by Yonge and Dundas and they had yellow-taped the area outside of Sears. I speculated that it was another shooting although I couldn't see any blood. Turns out some poor bloke got hit in the forehead because a piece of the billboard came crashing down in the wind storm. See? Insane weather. I'm sure I'll read about it in the papers tomorrow.

Just another day in Toronto.

3 Comments:

At 3:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am glad it wasnt anything like the violence others experience elsewhere. Did I tell you my car got stolen outside my friend's house two months ago. Even with a tracking device it has never been recovered.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Vince said...

I'd like to quote the oft-quoted statistic that the actual incidents of violence have gone down while the media coverage goes up, but I'm sure you're already familiar with that.

Population is growing, stuff happens. It just does.

 
At 4:23 AM, Blogger ninepounddictator said...

It's so often isn't It? I've lived in New York and felt save all the time there....now I have to worry about Toronto? Ech.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home