Saturday, April 01, 2006

on the topic of food

"You're eating that so fast, I hope you don't get sick." I'm sitting in the gym's change room eating a granola bar. This woman whom I've never met before in my life had been going back and forth, dropping off her towels and whatnot. I reassured her that I was ok and then subsequently tucked the rest of the bar away into my gym bag. She then added, "You look like you haven't eaten in a year." Really, I'm trying to get away from writing about food but it seems like even strangers won't let me! Besides, I had rolled out of bed this morning, and since I was running late, I had only eaten a half bowl of cereal before heading out to the class. And now I was taking a break before the yoga class so if it looked like I was starving, maybe a little. But I wasn't eating it that fast! And since when was it ever considered polite to speak to strangers about what they are eating?

you'd need to run 50 K to work off one of these babies
Hmm...all this talk is making me hungry now. I knew someone whose parents were visiting from England and so I had put in my request for some Cadbury bars. These aren't your ordinary ones... you can't get them here (except I did find one at Auntie Crae's in Newfoundland). So I think I'll go have some of my Turkish Delight bar. These 200g monsters can do serious damage to the waistline!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home