Monday, April 03, 2006

going nowhere fast

This past weekend was Daylight Savings. I don't get it. Why couldn't we do the actual change at 4pm on the Friday afternoon instead of over the weekend? I was tired from lack of sleep on Thursday night and was obviously not paying attention while doing laundry. Thought I'd get a load done early on in the weekend (read: Friday night) and wound up with a massive mess. I guess I missed a tissue in one of my pockets. I'm usually very careful and can't recall the last time this has happened. As if I've got nothing better to do than pick lint off my clothes.

Today wasn't such a hot one either. I forgot to drop off my rent cheque on Friday so had to do it this morning. And of course, if you leave at a certain time, you hit the mad rush and end up waiting forever for an elevator. Not only was I late getting into work, but I had locked my keys inside my office on Friday so I had to trek into the staff meeting lugging my bag and while still wearing my jacket. Too bad I didn't blame it on the time switch. I should have...

1 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Blogger ninepounddictator said...

Hi Toronto gal.
Like your blog. I'm in Arizona now, and had to ask five people before someone could answer if they do daylight savings or not....Finally, I learned they don't, but only in small pockets of the city they do....how weird/cool is that?
Also, re your earlier post...I hate when people comment about silly things at the gym...it seems especially so in yoga, doesn't it? This a.m. I had a woman tell me she was saving a spot beside her for her friend (who never showed up) And I'm like, "Yoga is not a group sport! Why do you need your friend beside you?"
Anyway, like your blog and the name of it too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home