Sunday, March 19, 2006

marching towards spring

It has been cold this weekend! What a change from last week's nice and balmy 17. It was about -6 yesterday pre-wind chill. That damn windchill gets you every time! This week was not a super memorable one for me; I was feeling quite ill probably as a result of trying to adjust my work schedule.

Went to the Banff Film Festival on Friday. It was quite interesting to watch the various shorts but I still felt 2 hours was a bit much in terms of sitting. That was in contrast to the lines outside the pubs!! Tons as people went to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.

They held the parade today where I had a bird's eye view of the festivities right from the comfort and warmth of my own apartment. Not that it was a fancy parade or anything - some floats did look a little silly but what the heck...anything to get out and celebrate eh? I hope that the weather turns around soon as it was actually snowing today. In March. Unbelievable!

Oh, as an aside for Coffee Crisp lovers, they have put out a new Yogurt flavour. Less calories. I bought some bars but haven't tried it yet! Let me know what you think if you've tried them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home