Monday, March 13, 2006

crash

My schedule has been so warped. I've had to rearrange my whole life schedule so that I can get to my gym classes without cutting into my work day. Which requires me going to bed by 10pm so that I can get up and down to the gym by 6:45am. Insane eh? I agree. But what can I do? I tried taking other classes during the 'regular' lunch hours of 12-1 but only the most popular classes are scheduled for that time. So I've tried step class (intermediate) and you should have seen me flailing around like an idiot. I have a good sense of coordination but kept falling a step behind and tripping over myself. It would help if I knew what the names of the moves were but I'm catching on. Definitely not my favourite class but it's a way to kill the lunch hour.

I watched the movie, Crash, last night since it won the best Oscar. It had violent bits but was quite well done if not a bit unoriginal. I heard it was similar to pulp fiction in that lives of the characters are intertwined. But that was way too violent for me so I never watched that movie.

The past weekend was beautiful weather - hitting a high of 16 if you can believe it! So it was much like spring. Went to see Opera To Go, a company that does 6 short 15 minute operas in English - bite-sized opera is what they call it. It was out in the Distillery District where they had a beautiful theatre similar to the Evergreen Cultural Centre back home. I wasn't quite sure that I enjoyed it but it was interesting. (Strange strange stories, mostly about sex and death.)

And yesterday I met up with a friend and we went up to look at where her new apartment was located. We did a bit of shopping and then had brunch at Mars Diner up near Eglinton; I was craving fish and chips! Haven't had any the whole time I've been here. She had to go meet another friend for a movie and I enjoyed the stroll (2 hours with my dilly-dallying) back home. (It was downhill and I also made a lot of stops in the shops along the way so it wasn't all so bad!)

Today, I awoke to a lightning storm but I walked in to work anyway. My boss saw me with my dripping umbrella and asked incredulously if I walked. I replied, "Yes, it's just like Vancouver." It's the snow and cold I can't handle...bring on the rain!

That's it for now - my body has not adjusted at all and I'm ready to crash so that I can wake up early for yoga class...

2 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i enjoyed crash myself...never did see brokeback mountain. did U or the other nominations?

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger toronto girl said...

Nope - sadly, not. This was the only movie I've seen recently that was nominated (apart from Wallace and Gromit which I saw last year in theatres).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home