Thursday, February 23, 2006

the view from up here

I noticed that they have set up an outdoor rink on King St. in front (or behind) one of the office towers. A co-worker came into my office to point out the sudden snow squall and then I looked below and saw two pairs skating. Lifts and death spirals even as the blowing snow came swirling down. I wondered who the skaters were since there were some double axels going on too!

It's also funny to see how two large screen tvs and bleachers have been set up in the concourse level and at lunch time there are crowds gathered to watch the latest Olympics! I must admit I haven't been following very closely apart from the fact that the women have brought home the majority of the medals!! Yay ladies! Go Canada!

A friend called me up at work asking what my plans were for the night. I told her the usual - that I'd be going home for dinner. She asked if I wanted to go to the WLAO's dinner. There were spare tickets. Free meal...at the Metropolitan? How could I turn it down? Ironically, today was the only day I wore a suit to work...I haven't since the weather had turned cold (i.e. not at all this year). So it worked out perfectly. Dinner included field greens and roast rib-eye rolls with yukon gold mash and dessert was a white chocolate bavarian mousse with red berry compote. Yum. Presentation as always was fantastic. They also ran a silent auction. My friend and I bid together for the Morton's Steakhouse and we won. I suggested that we go between her birthday and mine since we share the same month so I've got another good meal to look forward to!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home