Saturday, February 25, 2006

skating stars and scandals

So the latest news is that Lloyd Eisler was having an affair with Kristy Swanson (actress) after they worked together for 3 months filming the show Skating With the Stars. And his wife was 8 months pregnant at the time too. I've never really liked him - he seemed so arrogant and now, just disgusting.

Anyway. On to other skating news. I saw Kurt Browning at his book signing. He wrote a children's book "A is for Axel." The line up to get a photo and autograph was super insane so off I went to get Brian Orser's autograph; he was promoting the Olympic gear. I don't think many people knew he was signing as his line was much shorter. He was very nice and posed for a photo with me. Perhaps it was the two of them who were skating outdoors in that rink...?

And then it was off to dinner at the Ninth Gate, a brand new Korean Bistro (open less than 2 weeks) where the girls dressed up like school girls, the decor (walls) were done with wooden framing and backlit in various colours, and the place smelled of a fresh coat of paint. Oh. The food was ok too but I'm not sure why it's been so hyped.

Next on the list: the National Ballet of Canada's performance of Jewels. It was broken into 3 acts - Emeralds, Rubies, and Diamonds. I enjoyed the show but find that the ballet's a bit too classical; I almost prefer Ballet BC's modern take on dance but still it was good to see these dancers, including Sonia Rodriguez, Kurt Browning's wife.

2 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I am not quite sure where you got the information about Lloyd, but I would definately look into the source if I were you. I have met Lloyd and found him to be an overall great guy! I can't picture him having an affair on his pregnant wife. Just because they seemed to have some chemistry on the ice doesn't mean anything...it's acting! It is not real!

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger toronto girl said...

Thanks for your comment but my sources were the papers...in fact, if you want a proper reference, check the National Post article "Wife says lover set skater up for fall" from Monday February 20th. It was such big news it made it to page A2. If you're looking for more sources, just run a search in Google for "Lloyd Eisler and Kristy Swanson" and see how many hits come up that have nothing to do with the show itself but about the pair being an item. The fact that Eisler's wife was 8 months pregnant when this happened just makes it that much sadder.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home