Saturday, February 21, 2009

luck be a lady tonight

Just when winter seems to be retreating, it comes back to haunt us. A couple of weekends ago, I went to see He's Just Not That Into You with a few girlfriends. The weather was gorgeous - at around 8 degrees. Enough to remind me of spring. And now we're in the midst of another snow storm.

I went out to do groceries, swinging through the Ice Fest going on in Bloor/Yorkville. Ice sculptures littered the streets, including miniature replicas of the CN Tower, Big Ben, and even the Colliseum. But the highlight of my day has got to be going to purchase a lottery ticket. Tonight's jackpot is a cool $48M. My first ticket here, and maybe my ticket out?! One can dream. But first I had to produce ID. Yeah. ID. I have NEVER been ID'd for lottery tickets... but then again, I've never bought them. So I pulled out my health card but he said no. A driver's license or birth certificate. Like I carry a birth certificate around. And since when would your birth certificate have your photo? If it did, would it be of your baby picture?? So I pulled out my BC licence and he looked at it, squinting and speaking, LOUDLY, I might add, my year of birth. And then he looked at me and said, "Wow, you look young." Gee, thanks Mr. I guess my winter gear made me look younger than 18. He did wish me good luck on the draw. If nothing else, I should feel like the luckiest girl in Ontario to have lost so many years off my age!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home