Thursday, August 10, 2006

shopping blues

I just don't get it. Can anyone explain why blue jeans are now so long in length? What I mean is, I haven't bought jeans in years and it was about time as my current pair is just not cutting it any longer. But I have been shopping and shopping and it seems that not only do I have to find a pair that flatters my bottom, but I need to grow a few inches too! Everything is now at 34 inches long. Since when did the average height for women become 5'8"?? I don't consider myself short but this is ridiculous. I either have to wear high heels or get them hemmed, which obviously defeats the purpose as the look would change. I spoke with a saleslady and she shook her head. She didn't understand what was going on either but said that all the new lines coming out were starting at a minimum of 33.5". I wondered how people were dealing with this so I've been surreptitiously eyeing girls on the streets... and have now noticed that many of them (who are much shorter than I), just flip the bottoms upwards! I've noticed an inch being flipped up to four inches being flipped up. Maybe this is now unintentionally the new fashion statement...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home