Sunday, August 06, 2006

house of horror

I couldn't take it any longer. My hair that is. It's been a good few months since my last cut and I was really still hesitant in finding a good salon. Sure, the guy who cut my hair before was good, but he also charges a hefty $70. Add in tax and tip and you're spending what could amount to a very good meal at Morton's. I miss the modelling days where my hair was done for free by top stylists! Instead, since I was hanging around town for the long weekend (so sad), I decided to try the House of Lords hair "salon." I passed by it in the morning and it was fairly dead - one guy getting his hair cut by one stylist. By the time I swung through in the afternoon, it was a totally different story: music pumping, scissors flying, and lineups in the doorway. I should have known better. People I have known have had good cuts there. But the way it works is that you get the first person available...and I ended up with a guy (who had 5 year's experience) but really, the way he cut my hair, I could have done as good a job myself. I swear his scissors were chopping randomly and he spent more time on blowdrying than on the cut itself. (And the cut was less time than my wait time of 30 minutes!) I will admit though that it looked good after the blowdry but the true test is always when you've washed it yourself. Note to self: next time, maybe the extra expense is worth it. I'll just have to make sure I only go about, oh, once a year. And maybe skip a few meals.

1 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Blogger Vince said...

Hey, *I* could cut your hair for you. Weren't you mentioning that you were thinking of donating your locks for cancer research? No wait, I'm thinking of someone else.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home