Wednesday, June 28, 2006

smog days of summer

Whoever came up with the phrase "dog days of summer" probably was retired and didn't have to work. Here, I substitute the word smog as we've already had a few smog alerts. Not only is the air hazy for miles, but it's been humid as well.

We were due for some major thunderstorms to relieve and cleanse the air. I'm all for it, especially since I'm sitting nice and cozy inside my apartment. Lightning has flashed several times and the skies have opened to throw a fast and furious shower upon the grey cement sidewalks. I'm watching almost guiltily as people caught without their umbrellas make mad dashes across the streets as they duck for cover. Ah but what fresh air we'll have tomorrow. Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to see past the next building...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home