Tuesday, August 19, 2008

cottage country

So I finally got to see what all the fuss about cottaging was. Having been here nearly 3 years and this past weekend was the first I got to go. Caught a ride with my aunt right after work on Friday and we drove up to her place in Haliburton. She had bought a cottage last year and did a great deal of work on it. It look spectacular inside - just as nice as her house. You know, those types that look like they were taken from the pages of a magazine.

By the time we got in, it was already evening so we unpacked and admired the lake view before settling in to watch some Olympics on tv. Seriously, if it wasn't for her, I would have pretty much missed all of the Olympics.

The weekend was a blast and after a summer of rain and more rain, this was the perfect weekend to be by the water. We went boating on her 18 foot boat and hung around with some of her neighbours. I got to try tubing and water skiing, though we borrowed her male friends' skis and they were way too big. Neither of us were able to get up, but I did get a good dose of lake water. We also went kayaking on Saturday morning. I couldn't believe what a difference a drive makes. The scenery reminded me so much of BC. Trees and trees around the lakes and bays. Beautiful. I felt like I had really gone away on a mini vacation! I'd go up again at the next chance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home