Sunday, May 04, 2008

yoga - from hardcore to snore

I have been doing yoga so much lately that I am contemplating teacher training. Not so much for teaching, but to learn the corrections that I can do on myself and to understand the philosophy behind yoga. Today, too much of yoga has been westernized to the point that classes are just a pure form of exercise.

To explore a bit further, I have been going to different studios and trying different classes. Today I rushed off to a class, bypassing a lady going up the stairs. She had her arms outstretched across the banisters and let me pass. I changed quickly and dashed into the class. To only find out that this grandma was instructing.

Turned out to be a hatha class. A super s-l-o-w hatha class. Memories flooded back to me and I realized again why I hated yoga when I started. Because this was what I was introduced to. I almost fell asleep. At least now I know not to go to that class on Sundays...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home