Tuesday, May 20, 2008

yoga mania

At the yoga show a few weeks back, I bought a passport which allows me to try out a whole bunch of different yoga studios. I took advantage of the long weekend to go and try out the moksha studio. It's basically like Bikram's but less militant. (I haven't gone to Bikram's yet but that's what I've heard.) So you go into this room and the heat is cranked up to around 39 degrees. Yup. A sauna.

I took the vinyasa class, so it wasn't even the pure moksha that I tried. I saw a few people with sweat dripping off their foreheads and onto their mats. Gross. Mind you, I wasn't a pretty sight either but I took it better than I thought I would and did not pass out due to the heat. (They had a dehumidifier and ceiling fans so it felt just like being on a very warm tropical island... if I closed my eyes.) Can't say it's my favorite but they are so popular there are 3 other studios in the downtown core (it is a chain) and one more opening up in Mississauga in July. I'll probably go back, if only to get the stamp in my passport. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home