Sunday, August 10, 2008

summer days - the beach, niagara, an possibly ccottaging

I wonder how the time has flown by so quickly but I guess with 3 cross-country flights, that does pretty much kill a lot of the summer. And with the amount of rain we've had, it hasn't been much of a summer. (18 of 25 weekend days have been rainy and we have officially broken the record for most rainy summer ever.)

I did manage to organize a girl's day out at Niagara on the Lake where I went with a couple of girls from work to Inn on the Twenty for lunch, and Vineland Estates for dinner. Yup, it rained that July weekend but it was still nice to get away from the city. Another weekend I went out to the beach and joined a guy I snowboarded with in the winter. His group of friends were planning on playing volleyball. While waiting for a net we played beach ultimate which was fun though hot, hot, hot. And a couple of Summerlicious meals got squeezed in. I'm looking forward to this upcoming weekend when my aunt is taking me up to her cottage. I have been here for almost 3 years and still yet to have go to a cottage! She's got a boat and a tandem kayak and I plan on having a fantastic time. If it doesn't rain. If it rains, then I'll be in town again...so we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home