Sunday, February 03, 2008

boarding blast

We had another snowstorm on Friday. HR was kind enough to let everyone go home early provided we make up the time the following week. Right. I had a peaceful and quiet walk to work on Friday where the snow was swirling and muted all the sounds of traffic. (I also got to enjoy my boots for the very first time.)

With the latest dump of snow, I went boarding with a couple of people that I met last weekend while boarding. You could say the guy had tried to pick me up on the chairlift. It was all harmless flirting. Regardless, I was in such deep pain last week after a whole year of non-boarding that I didn't know if I could put up with another weekend of it. But I dragged myself out of bed and was glad I could do it. We boarded almost a solid 4 hours and I was completely wiped. Physically my body could barely carve into the fresh powder. However, today I wasn't in a lot of pain so you could say that there is progress! I shall go again in a couple of weeks... though this coming weekend looks good if we don't get the big melt. Now the fear is taking too long a break since I know it will be painful the next time around. Guess it's like any kind of exercise... once you stop, it's hard to start up again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home