Tuesday, February 06, 2007

deep freeze

If this was what my first winter in TO was like, I don't know that I would have stuck it out. I'm referring to the mind-numbing, bone chilling temperature of -15C plus windchill (-30). Part of me was hoping to laze it out by taking public transit but the other part of me wanted to stick it out to see if I was up for the challenge. And so, for better or for worse, I've still been walking to work. Mind you, all you can see of me are my eyes as I'm pretty much covered up. I don't think I've ever experienced cold weather like this in this lifetime...today's high of -16 (with windchill being -22) was positively warm by comparison. The cool artic air is supposed to stay for the next couple of weeks. It's called payback for the nice mild January that we had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home