Saturday, December 09, 2006

party, party, party

So I was invited to two work Christmas parties this year... lucky me! All I could think of was how nice it would be to not have to cook. I am getting tired of my own cooking and why pass up on a free meal. Well, first off, it seemed like everyone was taking the day off work. I had hoped to leave work a tad early so that I would have time to change and get ready for the party but the boss beat me to it. So I got stuck and of course the work starts piling in. Don't you just love Friday afternoons?

This second party was a decent one but lacked the atmosphere and fun of the first one that I had attended a couple weeks back. In any case, some guy from the company dressed up as Santa and we had to play a game of musical coins. Well, musical loonie. The guy who invited me ended up winning and as the bonus for being to the left of him, I also won. He ended up with a box of chocolates and nuts and I walked away with a bottle of wine. :) (This does not beat the fact that the first Christmas party I went to, my date won a door prize - on my ticket no less - and it was a 12 inch portable tv. He offered it to me but what am I going to do...start subscribing to cable?!) Sometimes, I wonder if I'm a lucky charm...a co-worker of mine won a laptop at a conference and I just stood there with my mouth wide open.

In any case, a co-worker lent me a beautiful silk scarf/shawl to wear as an accessory. While I had brought a dress over, I hardly expected to be invited to one or more Christmas parties and was lacking in accessories and jewelery. Somehow I managed to get food on it. I couldn't understand how it happened as I was extremely careful in all handlings of it. In any case, I was a bit stressed I could have cried when I saw the oil stain. ≈ I later found out that the scarf was probably over $200!!! If I had known beforehand, I would have never borrowed it in the first place! Thank goodness for dry-cleaners. They got it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home