Thursday, October 12, 2006

it's beginning to feel a lot like christmas?!

Ok, we're in for some weird weather. Parts of Ontario were getting hit by snow. We got it in the form of heavy rain yesterday. I was halfway to work when the skies opened and my shoes, socks, and half my pants got completely drenched to the point that I let them air all day and they were still wet by the time I went home. Lucky for me, I had a spare pair of shoes and the rain that started again didn't hit til I was right near my doorstep.

And then another oddity...snow. We actually got swirling snow with the sun peeking over Mississauga. And then it cleared up just as quickly as it came. It's definitely that time of year to be pulling out my toque. I'm such a wimp I've already been wearing my down vest for the last couple of weeks. I'm wearing gloves tomorrow too. (I wasn't the only one though - on the walk home, I passed by many people wearing hats and gloves in this zero degree temperature.)

My trip after work led me to the Bay to return the scale that I had bought last week to weigh my luggage. And guess what? They already had their Christmas street up! With signs pointing the way. Um, Thanksgiving was just a couple of days ago... but at this rate, Christmas will be here in no time. Or not.

They switched over to heat today in my apartment. Just in time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home