Sunday, September 07, 2008

travel wars

I like air travel almost as much as cats like taking baths. Originally, my flight was booked to match my travel companion's. His got changed and he got moved up. We tried to change mine to match even though our connecting flights would be to different cities. No go. Because his connecting flight was cancelled, they moved him up. But mine was not changed so if I wanted to be on the same first leg, I would have to pay a change fee. So I left it. Flight was to depart Boston at 530pm but the plane sat on the Tarmac for at least 30 minutes. We left at 620pm and got into Ottawa around 710pm. Had to go through customs and pick up our bags. Of course the bags took a while. Nine people were to catch their flight to Edmonton at 735pm while we all stood waiting for our bags. Mine came at 750pm so I handed in my customs form and raced through security to reach the gate. The girl told me they saw me (on the computer) but thought I would not get my bag in time because it normally takes half an hour so they already detached the bridge. It was 752pm. My flight was to leave at 8. I watched my plane yet couldn't get on it! How frustrating... They held the flight for Edmonton as it was the last flight. I got put on the 10pm flight so here I am sitting at the airport...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home