Friday, March 02, 2007

the sky is falling

The radio this morning told people to stay home due to downed wires and falling ice. I never really got that until I was inside the office... there were SHEETS of ice being blown off the top of the buildings (65 stories high) and they fall, spinning down below. I am afraid someone will get hit - the sheets splinter off in different directions but some of the heavier ones just fall in one huge piece. Scary scary. The other smaller pieces float down - like the paper you saw at 9/11. I heard it crackle loudly - kind of like in Alaska when you see the glaciers calving. Amazing but scary. Lots of power lost in the city and they said that we shouldn't be going in to work - but you know the firm. Cheapo. Outside our building there are signs posted saying "Watch for falling ice"... as if I'm going to stop and look up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home