Wednesday, October 15, 2008

water, water, everywhere but here

So it's not like it's bad enough having to camp at the cottage but this morning there was no water in my apartment. I thought it was perhaps because they turned off the water earlier than usual - they said there was going to be general maintenance today from 9am-2pm. I woke up this morning and turned on the tap to find air. I called down to the concierge and was told that the main water pipe burst on the P3 level and that it was a mess and they were working on it, that it would take a really long time. If only they had started the maintenance one day earlier!

Unlike at the cottage, it's not like I could just pop out and scoop some water from the lake. Luckily though, there is a hotel right across the street so I zipped over to use the washroom, wash my face, brush my teeth, and fill up a water bottle for spare water. Thank goodness I've got a breakfast meeting so I don't even have to deal with that. More reason to do everything you need to when you can (i.e. showering, packing lunch etc.) When I came home, I heard the concierge desk phone ringing with another person asking about the water. The things we take for granted...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home