Friday, December 05, 2008

the pleasures of business

I used to think business travel was so glamorous and fun. Jet-setting on the company's tab? Sounds great. And then I did it over the summer and found it exhausting and wondered why anybody would sign up for it.

This upcoming meeting is inevitable. It was supposed to be at the end of November, but perhaps it's better this way. Why? Because even though it's cold in Calgary, it's supposed to be colder here. -8 apparently with windchill this weekend, bringing it to the high-teens. And Calgary? It's supposed to be warm (relatively speaking) at around 0. I'm not complaining... I'm heading off early so I will be able to board at Banff this weekend. None of the little mole hills out here! Of course there's always a price to pay. This time it will be two solid days of meetings before getting back around midnight. But it is a price that's worth it. At least that's what I tell myself. We'll see once I return!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home